- June 2014: Fisher and VLAD with FLAIR, the secret behind our winning entry in the 2013 ImageNet 200 object detection challenge, will be presented at CVPR 2014. More details besides FLAIR are covered in the ImageNet 2013 Workshop Presentation.
- December 2013: The UvA-Euvision team came in first in the 2013 ImageNet 200 object detection challenge. You can find the presentation given at the ImageNet workshop here.
- September 2013: The PDF of the last draft before publication of Selective Search for Object Recognition in IJCV is now available, as is the corresponding updated version of the Selective Search software.
- May 2013: The journal version of Selective Search for Object Recognition has been accepted for publication in IJCV.
- October 2012: Our object localisation system ranked #1 in the PASCAL VOC 2012 Detection Task. We gave a talk at the PASCAL VOC 2012 Workshop; these are the slides.
- August 2012: ColorDescriptor software v4.0 now available. What's new:
- Improved speed in all versions. Therefore, the citation for the software has changed to the journal paper on CPU and GPU acceleration.
- New: GPU-accelerated version (CUDA 4.2) for 64-bit Windows
- New: 64-bit Windows version, now with optimized Intel MKL
- Mac OS X version available again
- Improved numerical stability for image areas with little texture
- Note: Any commercial use of this software requires a license
- January 2012: Software to our ICCV paper Segmentation as Selective Search for Object Recognition, which contains the selective search strategy from the paper, is now available from the selective search page.
- November 2011: Our object localisation system based in part on the ICCV paper Segmentation as Selective Search for Object Recognition ranked #1 in the localisation task of the ImageNet Large-Scale Visual Recognition Challenge 2011. It ranked #3 in the PASCAL VOC 2011 Detection Task.
At the PASCAL VOC workshop (Monday November 7th), Jasper Uijlings and me will be presenting 9:20-9:40 (VOC classification) and 15:10-15:30 (ILSVRC localisation). Our poster will be presented Wednesday November 9th, 17:20-20:00 as poster #42.
- October 2011: Paper Segmentation as Selective Search for Object Recognition is going to be presented at ICCV 2011 next month. The poster can be found on the Selective Search page.
- June 2011: Added ColorDescriptor software v3.0 beta to the downloads.
- November 2010: Paper on Empowering visual categorization with the GPU has been accepted for publication in Transactions on Multimedia. I'm still working on the corresponding software release.
- November 2010: Moved website to new location.
- September 2010: The printed version of our TPAMI paper on evaluating color descriptors for object and scene recognition has been published in the September issue of TPAMI.
- June 2010: ColorDescriptor software v2.1 is now available, including performance improvements and an example script for codebook construction.
- Name Koen E.A. van de Sande
- Address Euvision Technologies
Science Park 400
NL-1098 XH Amsterdam
- Address University of Amsterdam - Intelligent Systems Lab Amsterdam
Science Park 904
NL-1098 XH Amsterdam
- www http://koen.me/research/