- August 2012: ColorDescriptor software v4.0 now available. What's new:
- Improved speed in all versions. Therefore, the citation for the software has changed to the journal paper on CPU and GPU acceleration.
- New: GPU-accelerated version (CUDA 4.2) for 64-bit Windows
- New: 64-bit Windows version, now with optimized Intel MKL, sponsored by Euvision technologies
- Mac OS X version available again, sponsored by Euvision technologies
- Improved numerical stability for image areas with little texture
- Note: Any commercial use of this software requires a license
- January 2012: Software to our ICCV paper Segmentation as Selective Search for Object Recognition, which contains the selective search strategy from the paper, is now available from the selective search page.
- November 2011: Our object localisation system based in part on the ICCV paper Segmentation as Selective Search for Object Recognition ranked #1 in the localisation task of the ImageNet Large-Scale Visual Recognition Challenge 2011. It ranked #3 in the PASCAL VOC 2011 Detection Task.
At the PASCAL VOC workshop (Monday November 7th), Jasper Uijlings and me will be presenting 9:20-9:40 (VOC classification) and 15:10-15:30 (ILSVRC localisation). Our poster will be presented Wednesday November 9th, 17:20-20:00 as poster #42.
- October 2011: Paper Segmentation as Selective Search for Object Recognition is going to be presented at ICCV 2011 next month. The poster can be found on the Selective Search page.
- June 2011: Added ColorDescriptor software v3.0 beta to the downloads.
- November 2010: Paper on Empowering visual categorization with the GPU has been accepted for publication in Transactions on Multimedia. I'm still working on the corresponding software release.
- November 2010: Moved website to new location.
- September 2010: The printed version of our TPAMI paper on evaluating color descriptors for object and scene recognition has been published in the September issue of TPAMI.
- June 2010: ColorDescriptor software v2.1 is now available, including performance improvements and an example script for codebook construction.
- Name Koen E.A. van de Sande
- Address University of Amsterdam - Intelligent Systems Lab Amsterdam
Science Park 904
NL-1098 XH Amsterdam
- Room C3.250A
- Tel +31-(0)20-525-7608
- Fax +31-(0)20-525-7490
- www http://koen.me/research/